Government spokesmen held responsible those who have perpetrated recurrent suicide bomb attacks across the country for the latest bombings in Netrakona that they said left eight people dead and 50 injured, reports UNB.
Indicating the attackers as members of suicide squad of the banned Islamic militant group Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh, they said previously the bombers had targeted judges, courts, lawyers and police. But this time they targeted "innocent people, adding a new dimension to the attacks".
The remarks came from Additional Secretary of Home Ministry Md. Mohsin, Principal Information Officer (PIO) Abu Zafar Mohammad Iqbal and chief of media cell of the Home Ministry Khondoker Manirul Alam.
They were talking to reporters at the Home Ministry Thursday afternoon following the Netrakona bomb attack.
Replying to a question about the spate of bomb attacks, they said the government was not failing in combating such attacks. "The government is facing the problem with its limited recourses."