Bollywood star Salman Khan has been permitted to travel abroad for a film shoot by a court here that is hearing a case against him for illegal possession of weapons.
The order from the judicial magistrate's court here, allowing Salman to go abroad from August 19 to September 3, was issued on Monday, said wire services.
Meanwhile, the prosecution has filed a fresh application to seek the production of nine more witnesses in connection with the case related to the use of the weapons by Salman in the alleged poaching of endangered animals in late 1998 during the shooting of a film at Jodhpur.
Salman's counsel H M Saraswat has opposed the prosecution's move, saying it came at a time when the trial is nearing its end and only one witness -- Ashok Patni who was earlier additional superintendent of police at Jodhpur -- remains to be examined.
The prosecution contended in its application that there are some important witnesses who could reveal "decisive facts" and support the prosecution's stand.
Among these witnesses are Poonam Chand, Mangilal and four doctors of the Animal Husbandry Department.
Salman, however, has failed to file an affidavit supporting his reply to the prosecution's contention that he had misled the court about the loss of his arms licence. Salman had earlier stated in court that he never misled it and his counsel had promised to file the affidavit by August 21.
The court on Monday asked Salman to present his declaration about the renewal of his arms licence by August 21. Saraswat told the court the affidavit signed by Salman had been dispatched from Mumbai and he would present it before the court on or before August 21.
On June 26, the prosecution asked the court to take action against the star for misleading it by stating that his arms licence had been lost. The prosecution said he had subsequently moved an application in Mumbai to renew the licence.