VOL NO REGD NO DA 1589

Friday, August 18, 2006

HEADLINE

POLITICS & POLICIES

METRO/COUNTRY

EDITORIAL

VIEWS & REVIEWS

LETTER TO EDITOR

COMPANIES & FINANCE

BUSINESS/FINANCE

LEISURE & ENTERTAINMENT

MARKET & COMMODITIES

SPORTS

WORLD

 

FE Specials

SPECIAL ON BIRD FLU

URBAN PROPERTY

FE Education

FE Information Technology

Special on Logistics

NATIONAL DAY OF EGYPT

Saturday Feature

Asia/South Asia

 

Feature

13th SAARC SUMMIT DHAKA-2005

SWISS NATIONAL DAY 2006

57th Republic Day of India

US TRADE SHOW

 

 

 

Archive

Site Search

 

HOME

POLITICS & POLICIES
 
Updating of voters' list in city might not be completed within Aug 20: EC secy
8/18/2006
 

          The Election Commission (EC) admitted that the updating of voters' list in the capital city might not be completed by August 20, the extended time frame doing the job through home visits.
EC Secretary Abdur Rashid Sarker said at his office in the city Thursday, reports UNB.
"Although it is difficult to say exactly, I think about 95 per cent of the task will be completed in the city by August 20, leaving only 5.0 per cent of the job undone", he said.
Indicating that the duration for updating the voters' list would not be extended further, he said.
"The EC will sit Sunday, but I do not think it will be possible to extend the time", he added.
As the voters' list is a continuous process there would be scope for inclusion, deletion and amendment after August 20, the EC secretary said.
He said as part of its all out efforts to complete the task in the city, the EC officials have been engaged at the field level.
"The officials from ministries of Education, and Primary and Mass Education and their departments are working and the situation is improving", he added.
Sarker said that as of Wednesday a total of 1,58,50,573 voters have been included while 21,90,235 votersí names have been deleted.

 

 
  More Headline
Vote for BNP-led alliance to continue uplift process: Khaleda
Fresh tension in Benapole frontier as BSF shot two Bangladeshi traders
Moudud blasts bid to make KM Hasan controversial
Perpetrators of Aug 17 attacks yet to be rooted out: Babar
Immediate execution of JMB kingpins demanded
Opposition leaders ridicule govt for failing to prove corruption charges against Ershad
Vested quarter trying to destroy communal image: Shamsul
Updating of voters' list in city might not be completed within Aug 20: EC secy
Hanif to undergo angioplasty in Bangkok today
Speaker asks engrs to develop sound system of JS bldg
Jamaat behind serial bomb blasts: IOJ chief
Consul of S'pore calls on Moyeen
14-party road march in Barisal postponed
Imtiaz named ambassador to Nepal
 

Print this page | Mail this page | Save this page | Make this page my home page

About us  |  Contact us  |  Editor's panel  |  Career opportunity | Web Mail

 

 

 

 

Copy right @ financialexpress.com